Monthly Archives: March 2014

This week I continued more on my flower. This week I wasn’t working on the actual flower, I was modeling the flower pot for the flower. The flower pot wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be to model (probably because I was thinking polygons when I thought about making it) and it was kind of annoying. At first the CVs weren’t shaping a little the way I wanted the flower pot to be shaped, but I manged to fix it. For the bottom of the flower pot for the part the has a hole in it, it was annoying to figure out how to create the hole using nurbs. Using Edit Nurbs –> Booleans doesn’t work according to what I found online, evn thought the option apparently is available.

Image

Figuring out how to create the hole, along with how to use the trim and project surface curve was time consuming but I did figure out how to create the hole using the trim tool. I tried to attach the bottom part of the flower pot to the rest of it using attach surfaces but it wasn’t working which was annoying. Below are a couple of pictures of progress and a render of what everything looks like so far.

ImageImageImage


This week I continued on my final part for self directed, modeling a flower using nurbs. I added flower petal leaves under the pollen center of the flower. I also made the stem of the flower more wider and I added leaves to the stem. For the pollen shape I can’t seem to figure out how to fill in the how in the shape like with polygons.

For the flower I think maybe I will also model a simple flower pot for the flower to go in. When I create the other flower petals I need to figure out how to add more CVs when using Planar to fill in the curve shape for the flower petals. Below are a few pictures of progress and a render of what the flower looks like son far.

ImageImageImageImage


This week I started on my final part for self directed since next week is March Break. The final thing that I am modeling is a flower using all the stuff that I learned about nurbs. So far the flower is going good, but there has been some small little problems. At first after I drew the shape of the leaf with the CV curve tool, I couldn’t figure out with how to fill it with surface patches (similar to polygon faces – in a way). I figured out how to do it and to do it you have to go to Surfaces –> Planar. When I first tried it, it didn’t work and I thought I was using the planar tool wrong. The reason why it wasn’t was because the curve shape wasn’t closed. To join CVs together go you have to go to Edit Curves –> Open/Close Curves and if you choose Ignore like in the picture:

Image

then the CVs will close the curve (and be “merged” just like how vertices get merged). 

So far I have modeled the flower stem, one basic petal shape, the start of the pollen center and a leaf. Below are a few pictures of progress mesh and a render of what the objects look like so far.

ImageImageImage